Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"I AM" Poem


Objective: Students will write and illustrate I Am poems.

An I Am poem is an 18-line, three-stanza poem which students write about themselves, or a real or fictitious character. When all students have presented their poems to their classmates, the poems will be compiled in a booklet and shared with others. We will also display a copy of the poems in the main hallway.

Your "I am" poem should looks like this:


I AM

I am (two special characteristics you have)
I wonder (something you are actually curious about)
I hear (an imaginary sound)
I see (an imaginary sight)
I want (an actual desire)
I am (the first line of the poem repeated)
I pretend (something you actually pretend to do)
I feel (a feeling about something imaginary)

I touch (an imaginary touch)
I worry (something that really bothers you)
I cry (something that makes you very sad)
I am (the first line of the poem repeated)
I understand (something you know is true)
I say (something you believe in)
I dream (something you actually dream about)
I try (something you really make an effort about)
I hope (something you actually hope for)
I am (the first line of the poem repeated)
click here to practice and read same I Am poems http://ettcweb.lr.k12.nj.us/forms/iampoem.htm

2 comments:

AyannaB said...

I am finsh with my i am pome

adomiyah L. said...

for 1 good by ms.potorfeild and i did my work